Thankful for Thrift Shops

I’m taking part in Nester's 31 day challenge with my spin on “31 days of gratitude”.


I am thankful for Thrift Shops. 

Obviously, as a DIYer, I enjoy the thrill of going into a thrift store. I can’t pass up a pretty or interesting frame and usually just disregard the artwork that may be in there. (Hello, black velvet landscape, I’m looking at you).

I’ve been known to grab a mirror, some chairs, some ugly duck canisters, a walnut buffet in need of some TLC… Once in a while, I will grab clothes for costumes. My main goal is to look for items to up-cycle.
I also love donating old clothes and things to thrift shops since I’m not much of a garage-saler.

Although I love a good value, I think the best part of thrift shops lies at the root of their mission: helping those in need. St. Vincent de Paul, Goodwill, Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity and others have a noble purpose indeed.

And so, I am thankful that thrift shops provide a much needed service to the community while also giving old things a second life.


What’s your best thrift shop find?

Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts