A little organizing

Our basement is partially finished, and the road to finishing it completely seems never ending. But, I still have books, movies, CDs, games, spray paint that needs organized. I am an avid reader, and while I try to get many books from the library, I have amassed quite a collection. I also seem to have quite the collection of exercise VHS and DVDs. Ahem.

We got water in our basement once - when we got 14 inches of rain overnight. Even though it is dry, that one time was enough and now I want to keep as much off of the floor as possible.

Lowe's to the rescue (and I'm not getting paid to say that!) They have 8' X 1" X 12" boards designated for shelf use. These are just simple pine boards. I got two of these cut and placed them on either side of our TV stand. I attached them with inexpensive brackets. I believe each  bracket cost around $1 while the 8' boards were $11 a piece.

In another part of the basement, I did the same thing. With the spray paint so easily visible, I was able to finish up a couple of projects and got rid of 7 or 8 cans of spray paint. You know you have a spray paint problem when you count nearly 30 cans and know that you have a use for each and everyone...
 
 
As I close this post, I am grateful for an organized space and know that I have quite a few more spots that need organized.
 
Happy organizing! Nicole
 
I'm participating in Nester's 31 day series. Click here to access the index of gratitude posts.

Comments

Popular Posts