Hanging the Curtains: A Cheap and Easy Template

As part of my recent living room refresh, I updated my window treatments with curtain panels that I found clearanced out at Target for $6.24 a panel!  They are a lovely shade of gold with a tone-on-tone paisley pattern. The curtain rod is an antique gold color.


Here is the before shot. My mom and I made these over 18 years ago. I added the matchstick blinds 4 or 5 years ago. It took me a while to want to part with these because they took so long to make, and they have some sentimental value. They were, however, quite outdated.


To hang these, I determined how far from the window trim that I wanted the rod to go. I went up 4" and out 5" from the corner. I cut a 4" X 5" rectangle from the corner of a piece of cardboard. I placed the cutout piece of cardboard at the corner of the cutout and put a hole in the corner (see picture).

The cutout served as a guide on the trim. I put a pencil mark in the hole. This served as my guide to pre-drill the hole.


I hung the rod supports, popped the curtain panels in the dryer to release the wrinkles, placed the panels on the rod and hung up the rod.  Here is another look at the after:

I love the cost, but more importantly, I am so pleased with how they turned out! See the rest of the living room tomorrow.

I linked up:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

Comments

  1. I need to do this, it would make life so much easier and I hubby wouldn't have to help me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried just measuring in the dining room and the curtains are just a little bit uneven - this really made it easy (and I didn't have to wait for my hubby to help, either).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts