Here is what the bedroom looked like before:
I liked the paint and the curtain colors, so I did not change those out (this time). I "made" a new bed skirt, chronicled here. This was an inexpensive and simple upgrade to a plain, white bed skirt.
I made a headboard, with my husband's help. Check out the process which includes my plan sketched on graph paper.
I spray painted some of the accessories in the room and featured these when I went a bit crazy with Heirloom White. The spray painted accessories are on either side of the window. The decorative pillow has a pale slate blue background and has some green, gold, tan and white in it. I got this from Target, and I like it more each time that I see it.
The final project is the "S" in the Heirloom White frame. This was just an inexpensive document frame that started out in oak and that I tried to white wash a long time ago. I updated it by spray painting the frame. Then, I created the "S" in a Word document and set the font to a size of "600". This font was either Times New Roman or Georgia. I printed both out, but can't remember which was which. My lamp was a great find from the St. Vincent de Paul store. I had thought about spray painting the bottom of it, but it is a touch lamp and I was worried that the paint would interfere with the touch feature. It stayed the same.
Here is the after shot again.
Last week, I blogged about spring being in the air. Here is the weeping cherry tree in all her blooming glory (about 5 weeks early):
I linked up