Zinc-Look Container

I have seen some zinc accessories lately and started contemplating how I could recreate something with what I have. This is a garden container that I bought clearanced out at Target 8 or 9 years ago. I now use it to store facial cleansers and hair products in my bathroom.

Here she is in her finished form:

This is the table I used for my inspiration
Wildflower Organics:: Saw Horse Zinc Dining Table
Here is the container before:

I used these 3 spray paints that I had on hand:
  • Gray primer
  • Silver spray paint
  • Black spray paint
I first sprayed it with gray primer.


Then I held the silver paint nearly 2 feet from the container (there was no wind out) and lightly began to layer the silver. I did the same with an even, light coating of black. I kept going back and forth between the two colors, but made certain that I could still see the primer layer. My last coat was a very light coat of gray primer again because I wanted to knock down some of the shine.

Here is a close up of the texture and sparkle which is a little closer representation of how it actually looks.


It's not the exact same color and sheen as the table, but I am pleased how it turned out.

I linked up at the French Country Cottage

Comments

Popular Posts