Spring is in the Air

Spring is in the air. It's been such a beautiful, warm spring that all of the flowers and trees are blooming 4 - 5 weeks ahead of time. I love this time of year when the imminent buds are preparing to bloom. It's always a guessing game as to when they will actually appear. When the weather follows the averages for this area, I know that my lilacs will bloom around Mother's Day. If the weather stays this warm, I am guessing they will finally pop through in the next 3 - 5 days.
Tulip ~ Lilac Tree ~ Miniature Weeping Cherry Tree
Of course, there are the blooms that have already popped. I have always loved red bud trees and this year the three in my corner garden are doing really well.
Forsythia ~ Red bud
I also start planning my planters at the front of the house. This year, I am thinking about the orange, coral or salmon flowers. The Pantone color of the year is Tangerine Tango. Usually my front yard flowers is about deep reds, burgundies or deep fuchsia. I have some coral bells and other bushes that have purple flowers throughout the summer. So the reds work well. I think I may try mixing it up a bit and go for the orange.

Here is an orange geranium

Love this tequila sunrise calibrochoa
{Proven Winners}
This is an orange twinspur

{Proven Winners}
I'll definitely try the orange tones this year, perhaps with a purple-y blue or a lime green accent plant. Do you stick with the tried and true or do you intend to mix it up?

Comments

Popular Posts