Spring Front Door


With our early spring weather, "spring" actually feels like "spring"!  I decided to make this happy looking wreath for my front door.

I know that some people are anti-silk flowers, but I just take them for what they are - not necessarily that the flowers "look" like real.  Here are the materials:
  • 18" straw wreath
  • 4 yards of ribbon
  • 4 gerbera daisies - 2 pink, 2 orange
  • darker orange Ranunculus
  • Deep red mini flowers

Bundle of Flowers
The beginning arrangement of the wreath

I started with wrapping the orange, polka-dotted ribbon around the wreath and then tied the two ends together. Then, I cut the stems of the flowers so that they would be a lot shorter - stems were probable 6 - 8 inches. I spread the flowers out and make sure that the "pop" out in a 3D way, not just plastered against the wreath. I used approximately the lower third right hand corner of the wreath. I also did not glue, simply tucked inside.

Another view of the finished wreath


Comments

Popular Posts