FREE Floor plan software

I've found a free, wonderful on-line tool from floorplanner.com (and no, I am not being compensated to say this - I just think it's lots of fun). This tool allows you to create a floor plan and add in furniture, light fixtures, doors, windows, rugs, plants, etc.


I had my room like this for awhile after we refinished our hardwood floors. I didn't love this arrangement, but with heat vents and windows and doors, the piano only has a few places where it fits. The bottom step in our stair case actually protrudes enough that I can't fit the piano up against the stairs.

So I went back to my favorite arrangement for the couch. I like this one because our ceiling fan and couch are centered and I just like that symmetry. I also think this flows just a little better and looks more open.

The nice thing with this software, is that you can see how different pieces or sizes of furniture work in your room (and this might help to save some money down the road). 

I am grateful that companies provide free software like this for the average DIYer. And of course, they offer upgrades for people who have more sophisticated needs.

Have a great weekend! I hope to finish up my homemade chalk paint chairs and do a little cleaning and organizing..  Nicole

I'm participating in Nester's 31 day seriesClick here to access the index of gratitude posts.



Comments

Popular Posts