Chicken Fajitas Made Easy

These fajitas are so simple and delicious and are a real favorite with the entire family! The recipe is chock full of vegetables and gives hubby and middle child their beloved mushrooms. Oldest and youngest child love peppers. I love all three.

But even better, these fajitas are nutritious and provide a good dose of vegetables in a delightfully palatable way. This particular recipe is easily adjustable. I just use about 4 ounces of chicken per person. I also find this recipe a great way to load up on the vegetables. One of the grocery stores that I use has all of the veggies pre-cut. I usually always buy pre-cut mushrooms because, to me, they are worth the slightly more expensive cost. This time, I used the pre-cut fajita vegetables.

I cook everything on a griddle and try to keep each type of food separate.

  • 4 ounces chicken per person, cut into small pieces
  • An assortment of thinly sliced veggies (Pepper,Onion, Mushrooms)
  • Lime juice
  • Salt-free chiptole seasoning
  • Tortilla
  • Cheese (optional)
  • Salsa
Preheat the griddle to 375. Spray or lightly oil the griddle. Place the chicken in one row, mushrooms in another and onions and peppers in yet another row. Sprinkle the lime juice and chipotle seasoning over all of the food. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.

To assemble the fajita, heat a tortilla until just warm (about 15 seconds, depending on your microwave). Add chicken and vegetables to the center of the tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and top with salsa. Delcious, nutritious and simple!

Comments

Popular Posts