Yard beautification

What a lovely Mother's Day! My sons helped with some planting, my daughter helped with painting the kitchen, and my husband kept up his seemingly endless cabinet sanding project.

My family got me this lovely geranium and calibrocha basket. The geraniums have subtle pink and red striping.



The boys planted my planters with these flowers: a burgundy verbena, a coral-orange calibrocha, and these small white blossoms that I forget the name of. After I made my tangerine wreath for the front door, I wanted to try to stick in a similar color family for my flowers in my front yard.

They also planted these light coral geraniums in the ground.

Here is the mophead hydrangea in my backyard. Don't worry that she is looking a little wilted - she had a nice drink of water after this picture!

I am really trying to get mostly perennials in my backyard, so I added these Veronica spikes to my Creeping Jenny in my planter. Amazing how much the grass and clover show up in this picture.

As far as the kitchen goes, I got the second coat of paint on the cabinets and trim. My daughter and I painted the ceiling and walls yesterday. We got one full coat of paint on everything, and started the second coat. I had to stop when it turned dark because I have the light bulbs out of the light fixture.

When we started painting the kitchen yesterday (see post on paint color choices), all three of my kids said to me "Mom, it's white!" It's a creamy white color because I wanted to do a fairly low contrast paint scheme. They cracked me up, because the only white we have had in the house is white trim in our upstairs, and I think they were worried. I assured them that the paint actually did have some color. It really looks fresh and airy and I can't wait to show you pictures of the final product. Of course with the freshly painted cabinets and walls, the countertop isn't looking as good, and the appliances (almond color from the 90's) look dingier. But that will definitely be a project for another time...

I hope you all had a good Mother's Day, no matter if you are a mom, grandma, aunt, friend or someone else who loves and is an important part of someone's life.

Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts