Finally... The first coat of paint

I painted for about 5 hours last night and got almost all of the interior of the cabinets and the frames painted with their first coat.

They look so lovely this morning! I used Sherwin William's ProCoat paint for cabinets and trim as well as a Purdy paint brush. I had heard about both of these through various blogs, and I am quite impressed. The paint brush feels nice, looks nice and provides nice coverage. I love the paint. It's the first time I ever used it - it really levels out beautifully. I can hardly see any brush strokes. I am definitely a fan. I need to repaint trim and doors upstairs, I'd like to touch up the upstairs bathroom, the living room probably needs touched up... Kudos to my husband and children who have helped with all of the sanding. The end of this project is in sight! We have a German Club banquet tonight and then it's on to the first coat for the rest of cabinets and trim tonight. I'm ever the optomist, so maybe I will have time to start the second coat on the other cabinets.

I am thinking about spraying the cabinet doors. Have any of you used a sprayer on your cabinets? Were you happy with the results? Did you need to use paint thinner or floetrol with it?

Happy painting!
Nicole

Comments

  1. Oh Nicole, they are looking awesome! My friend Ange who's another blogger is just starting to paint her kitchen too, but she is using Cabinet Transformation though. I'm excited to see it all finished

    Andrea xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Andrea! I am really happy with the color - it's a warm white but is still nice and bright. We did all this 19 years ago when we first moved in. This is definitely a 20 year type of project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts