Morning Cup of Joe

I love greeting the morning with a good cup of coffee. I like it even better when I can drink it out of a beautiful mug. I had a little extra time one morning and decided to see if coffee "tastes" better when it is served out of my china that my grandmother gave me - perhaps the sentimentality of the cups and wonderful memories of my grandmother will enhance the flavor... I love clear glass coffee cups and mugs. My husband and I got the Irish coffee cups for a wedding present. My husband got me the plain class mug for Valentine's day several years ago. For this experiment, I tried all three. I can't say that one tasted better than the other. It was fun nevertheless.  Of course, I had to peruse the Internet and see what other coffee mugs might be available.
My own collection of coffee cups





Once you've got the mug or cup selected, you have to put something in it. My hubby jokes that I need a little coffee with my cream and sugar. I'll take a decaf, non-fat latte with one pack of Splenda, please. How about this recipe for my all-time-favorite, Pumpkin Pie Spiced Latte? Or this one for just a plain latte. Here's a whole website devoted to coffee recipes.

Greet the day and enjoy your morning cup of Joe.


Comments

Popular Posts