To Paint Trim or Not to Paint Trim - That is the Question

I love the look of white painted trim in a house. I mean, I really love it! But, I seem to be stuck when it comes to painting the trim in my own house.  Why am I struggling with it so much? When we first moved into the house (20 years ago), I was smitten with the natural wood trim. Our kitchen was one of the only rooms with white trim, and I decided to strip the paint. And that, my friends, was a pain in the you know what... Just last year, I painted it back white.

The truth is, painted trim could always get stripped so the wood is back to its natural state.

My husband is open to the idea of painting the trim. It seems that people in the city where I live are attached to natural wood trim.

This picture gives a good shot of the house's trim, but with the old paint color. I've since painted the living room with Comfort Gray.


I decided to take a look at a few houses that show the natural wood before as well as the painted trim after. This might help me with the visualization process.

 




This house uses a combination of natural wood features and painted trim.
 
I think every house that I've shown looks better with the white trim. What do you think? I'd love your opinions!! Nicole

Comments

Popular Posts