I'm Falling for White and Gold

I love fall! Our midwest autumn is usually perfect and this weekend did not disappoint. The sky was the perfect shade of blue, the temps were in the mid 70s with no humidity, farmer's market was bustling, and we cheered my sister on as she ran her first half marathon. YEAH! The perfect weather sparks the need for changing out some home accessories for the fall.

I have no fireplace so I have no mantel to decorate for holidays. Luckily, my beloved piano serves that exact purpose! This year, I chose to decorate for fall in whites and golds.

 
 
I got branches that fell from my old walnut tree after a big storm last week. I then spray painted them gold. The pumpkin got a coat of gold spray paint, as well. It had been a pewter colored metal, but since I have had it for a few years, I thought it needed some updating.
 
I think my favorite part of the "mantel" is the feather print. I found the free feather graphic from the Graphics Fairy, and I love it!
 
The frame and mat were part of a pair of inexpensive dragonfly prints that I purchased a while ago. The glass had broken a long time ago. I simply pulled apart the old picture and mat, spray painted the mat with Rustoleum's Blossom White and then replaced the mat and the feather print. I did not replace the glass...
 
 
I am enjoying the white and gold in the living room!
 
Here's one last look -
 
 
How are you decorating for fall? I'm linking up this "mantel' at the "It's Fall Y'all" link party.
 
Happy Fall (my favorite time of the year).
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts