Red, white and blue and a new chalkboard



I've seen the cute chalkboards that are made from old picture frames. Every time I go into a thrift store, I am on the lookout for one with an ornate frame. I finally found one when I went into a Goodwill near my parents. I imagine that this little ballet slipper picture had a good run in an aspiring ballerina's room.


I took the picture part from the frame and spray painted the picture frame Rustoleum's American Accents in Heritage White. The creamy color of the picture frame was some kind of nubby texture and took extra coats of spray paint. The corners were chipped and cracked, but that's okay for me. It's not meant to be a fine art piece.

I used Rustoleum chalkboard spray paint for the picture part. (Be sure to read the directions about priming the paint to accept chalk - I had to rub chalk over the paint once it had dried).

 

I love it! I also treated myself to chalk pens from Michael's using my 40% off coupon.

I also ran across these 4th of July printables from Whipperberry. This is the first time that I have ever used printables, and I think they are adorable! And of course I am contemplating how I could make one, what I would put on it, what designs I could use...



I used some twine, blue satin ribbon, and blue sparkly ribbon left over from some gift wrap. You simply lay all of the stringer material out and glue the paper over the strings. Here is a closer look.


How do you decorate for the 4th?

Happy 4th of July!

Nicole
I linked up at French Country Cottage, Elizabeth & Co, The Inspired Room

Comments

  1. very pretty!
    stopping by from DITTO DIY link party
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love the bunting and the chalkboard art! Happy Fourth and thanks so much for linking up to Ditto DIY!
    Kelly @ View Along the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelly. Both projects were so much fun to do! I've kind of fallen in love with the buntings...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts