How to Create A Gallery Wall with Antique Music

My old gallery wall started to feel like visual chaos. I feel like I am craving much more simplicity in my decorating style lately. Instead of lots of throw pillow on the bed, I want one, cute lumbar pillow. I used to like to group things on my dining room table; now I just want a vase of flowers or one decoration.

But what to do with that gallery wall... Enter re-runs of Fixer Upper. In one of the episodes, Joanna used antique music sheets and framed them to hang in a musician's dining room. And then inspiration hit!

You see, I had several antique Etude magazines that my mom had bought me years ago. I had a moment of panic/guilt for tearing apart an antique but reasoned that I am actually honoring these songs by displaying them in my house. I play the piano and sing and feel that this new artwork is me.

This was so easy to do. I found 6 inexpensive picture frames at Walmart and turned the picture insert around so that the plain side would show through the glass. I carefully tore 6 pages from the magazine and placed it on the paper. These weren't perfectly centered, so I made sure to have the top and side margins equal. If I wanted to spend more money, I could have special-ordered the frames. I decided to embrace imperfection.
To hang these, I just used command strips. These made my old gallery wall SO easy to remove instead of using nails. I highly recommend using command strips to hang pictures when you can!

The new gallery wall is much more streamlined and I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts