Top 10 Playlist for Maximizing Your Motivation

 


Imagine your perfect Saturday - you do some household chores (mow the lawn and mop the floor) early in the morning, head to the farmer's market and the grocery store, take a hike with a friend, and enjoy a cup of coffee after.  Or perhaps you take your favorite 2-year old to the park, then come home and read a book. Or maybe you chat with the neighbors and meet friends for dinner. All of these would be included on my perfect day to-do list. But here's a secret (or maybe not so secret if you have read very many of my blog posts). I am not one of those people who loves the household chore portion of the list. I do, however, like the results of doing the household chores!

Motivation Challenges and What to Do About Them

Most of my motivation challenges happen with tasks that I don’t want to do but that I actually need to do. I have found that music is a powerful motivator and can help replenish my energy. It helps pump me up or gives me something enjoyable to look forward to. Think of your own music loves. Some songs can remind us of a particular time in our life: first love, a simpler time, college, visits to grandma's house, concert, hanging out with friends.

Do you find yourself tapping your foot, playing the air drums, or bouncing your head when a favorite song comes on? We move to the rhythm of the music. Fast-paced music can help us move faster, slow-paced music can relax us, classical music can help us focus.

But when I need to get pumped up, I like to play songs with a fast pace that get me bouncing my head to the beat and dancing in my chair. Here are my top 10 songs (including the link for the YouTube playlist) for head-bouncing, chair-dancing motivation. What would you include in your Maximum Motivation Playlist?
“Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.” 
George Eliot

Playlist for Maximizing Motivation

Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas
Elevation by U2
Suffragette City by David Bowie
Conga by Miami Sound Machine
Should I Stay or Should I Go by The Clash
It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls
My Sharona by The Knack
Lady Marmalade by Patti LaBelle
Can't Hold Us by Macklemore
Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts