Go Back to What You Know

I was talking with a wise friend. She was telling me a story of when her adult child was going through a really rough time. She advised him simply: "Go back to what you know". Back to his foundation, his faith, his family.

I think this is beautiful advice, and as I reflect on this past month of blogging, I think this is apropos to a blog, especially this blog.

In many things that I do, I find myself in an "all or nothing" mode. But that's not good for me. It's not good for me with diet, with exercise, with work, with DIY projects, with household chores, with activities. And so I reflect on that advice "go back to what you know". Moderation in all areas of my life is key for me because it's what I "know" works, and this 31 day challenge just brought that fact home.

My blog posts do not have to be full of DIY how-tos, nor do they need to each be 700 words long. A few words, links, pictures can be okay. I enjoy blogging, I enjoy talking about DIY and decorating, and I enjoy coming up with tips, tricks, shortcuts and a few how-tos.

To go back to what I know, I simply need one word: moderation. I am grateful for the Nester providing this 31 day challenge. When it is completed, I will have missed a couple of days. That is okay. It has pushed me and challenged me to keep going.

What do you know...  Nicole

I'm participating in Nester's 31 day seriesClick here to access the index of gratitude posts.

Comments

Popular Posts