An Impressive Upgrade to an Inexpensive Bedskirt

I've had my red floral bed spread for 8 or 9 years. I still love it, but it is starting to wear in spots. I've also started updating the house colors to be more light and airy rather than warm and cozy. I got a white down-alternative comforter for Christmas, and I wanted to add an expensive-looking bed skirt that I have seen in other magazines. Just because I want it to be expensive looking doesn't mean that I want to pay a lot of money for it! I spent less than $25.00 and one hour to create this. This is the beginning of my master bedroom updates.

Materials
  • Inexpensive bedskirt ($15.00)
  • 7/8" grograin ribbon (amount depends on size of bed). I purchased two rolls for a queen sized bed. I also checked that the ribbon was washable. (@ $7.00)
  • 7/8" iron on Heat-n-Bond (@ $2.50)



Instructions
  1. Wash the bed skirt.
  2. Measure the approximate circumference of the bed skirt. This determines how much ribbon you will need. For a queen, I needed two roles, but was actually only a foot or so short.
  3. Iron the fusible web onto the ribbon. Follow the instructions on the package.
  4. Peel the paper off of the ribbon. The side with the adhesive is slightly shiny.
  5. Position the ribbon onto the bed skirt so that you maintain a straight line. This works best in small sections. I opted to place the ribbon roughly 4" from the bottom of the bedskirt. You can pin this on if desired. Iron the ribbon into place. Once again, follow the instructions on the fusible web package.
A glimpse of the final project!
I love how this looks so far and can't wait to finish the rest of the bedroom projects.

Comments

Popular Posts